3 days ago
Thank you All for participating in the Opportunity Hack 2017.
We are working on collecting all the details and put together an article which talks more in detail on the Hack, logistics, statistics, winners …..., While we wait, wanted to thank each one of you for your participation.
Each year has been a challenge and every time, our community breaks the protocol and brings the best of individuals. This year has been even more special for, teams not just made sure on the quantity but also the quality of the product. You all have raised the bar high. Spread…
15 days ago
The judges have weighed in, and our community has voted! Go to the opportunity-hack-san-jose-2017 gallery to congratulate the winners and check out all of the awesome submissions.
Even though the competition is over, you don't have to stop coding. Update your portfolio to inform your followers about new projects and get feedback from fellow hackers.Questions?
22 days ago
- Citizen Schools California : They are looking for an app that a child in middle school can use to answer a social/emotional growth related asseement question that a teacher can ask using the app. The teacher then analyse the result and will use that data to focus on that particular behavioural/social- emotional problem that the child is going through. Survey monkey does not make it appealing for the child to come out and fill out the survey on a computer the app will hopefully attract the child and get answers on the phone. Also, Survey Monkey does not provide the…
25 days ago
As many of you have asked about the NPO's who would be pitching during the hack. We have updated project info.https://opportunity-hack-san-jose-2017.devpost.com
Whether you’re at PayPal, Braintree or Xoom, ‘all skillsets are needed. Designers, developers, marketers, data experts, business strategists and everything in between. That’s how this thing works – when we get together as One Team, it’s incredible how much of an impact we can make!’
Please take a moment to look at your favorite NPO or your favorite Project where you may create an impact. See you all at the hack.
26 days ago
Please complete your registration to the hackathon by signing in to SLACK at https://join.slack.com/t/opportunity-hack/signup/ You should've received an invitation already. If you haven't please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
about 1 month ago
- Do I have to be an Engineer to join ?
Though we need more hands on developers to complete the project on time, we need other skills too. This Event is purely driven by volunteers. Any help is greatly appreciated.
- How can I ensure I get added to the common DL when I register?
We are constantly checking our channels to add people on to the common DL. However in case , if you get missed, please email us @DL-PayPal-SJC-Opportunity-Hackemail@example.com. We will add you to the group or if you are a PayPal Employee, then you will be able…
about 1 month ago
Alfredo Mathew is a dynamic leader with 20 years of experience pioneering innovative approaches to empowering low-income communities. He served as a teacher leader in low-income schools from the South Bronx to East Oakland for 14 years, and was the Mott Haven Village Preparatory High School Teacher of the Year in 2003 and recognized by the NY Post in 2002 as part of the “New York 200” Liberty Medal in Education awardees. In 2014, Alfredo shifted his focus to career readiness and the non-profit sector. As the Regional Director of NFTE Bay Area, he has tripled the reach of their…
about 2 months ago
Looking for ways to make an impact to the industry and the community you belong to? Ready to learn more about yourself and expand you own horizons? Here’s an opportunity for you to accomplish above aspirations: Mentor for the Opportunity Hack!
As a mentor, you will lead teams working on interesting problems for local nonprofits with national and international impact.
- Serve as an advisor, coach, role model and confidante for hack participants.
- Discuss implementation design and provide a strategy to achieve the milestone
- Share your knowledge, expertise and experience
- Guide participants with onsite and technical resources such as libraries, frameworks,…